Friday, January 9, 2015

[YummyEats] Okonomi, Publika Solaris Dutamas

Okonomi, Publika Solaris Dutamas
A4-G2-02, Solaris Dutamas, Kuala Lumpur


What's your roll? Visit this custom sushi restaurant to find it out. Thanks to my colleague for introducing this place. Guess I will visit again for more custom sushi rolls. 

Located at the row outside Publika, somewhere below The Red Beanbag. A very unique concept of sushi restaurant these days. 


Instructions stated clearly in the menu to ease customer in filling up the order chit. The minimum price will be RM13.90 for a small sushi roll. Small roll will have 3 normal fillings of your choice, which I think it is already sufficient. 


List of fillings, sauces, dressings and toppings to choose from. I took some time to analyse all of the list. 

Just to summarise the steps of creating your own sushi flavours:

1) Choose the size: Small, Medium or Large
2) Choose the sushi rice (brown or white) and wrappings (soy wrap or seaweed wrap) and wrapping style
3) Choose fillings: Any of the fillings according to the size you choose. Premium fillings need additional charge.
4) Choose 1 sauce and 1 toppings

It is so custom that you can just mix anything that you want in your sushi. 


If you are undecided, you can also order their house rolls from the menu. Seriously, it took me 5 minutes or more to decide on my custom sushi as I took the colour, taste from each fillings and flavour into consideration. I was hoping that my custom sushi turns out balanced in the presentation as well as the taste.



They also serve attractive drinks. The green tea drinks looks similar with Nana's Green Tea

 Matcha Azuki Shiratama Latte (RM12.90)
Just OK! 
Rating: 3/5

The green tea taste was slightly bland for this. The mochi balls and red bean paste are not bad though.

  Small Sushi Roll (RM13.90)
Flavourful! 

Here's my sushi roll. I chosed strawberries, yuppp its strawberries, tamago and fried salmon as the fillings. As for the sauce, I chosed Spicy Mentai Mayo and Ebiko for the toppings. I really didn't expect it will look like this. 


This roll of sushi tasted complicated but good. At one bite, I can taste slight sourish from the strawberry, sweet from the tamago and fried salmon, at the same time spicy from the sauce. 

 Another custom sushi roll (I can't remember the fillings for this)


 For this, I also can't remember for the fillings but for the sauce it is definitely Wasabi Mayo


 They are very generous on the sauce. If you like wasabi, you should try choosing wasabi mayo. Pop the whole piece of sushi in your mouth and you will have "wasabi attack". IF you know what I mean. 

Overall, I think price is reasonable for such quality of sushi served. Suitable place for family and friends to have fun choosing and creating the custom sushi roll.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *