Wednesday, March 11, 2015

[YummyBakes] Light Matcha Cranberry Cookies


Here's another CNY cookies that I made this year. Simple, healthy and yummy cookies. Those who love green tea will definitely love it. I found this recipe in Nasi Lemak Lover blog while I was browsing for easy to make CNY cookies.



Thankfully, there are few shapes of cookie cutter at home. I used flower and heart shape. The green tea was quite light but it was alright. Next time, I am going to increase it to 1 tbsp instead of 1 and a half tsp of green tea powder. I also thinks that the colour and taste of the green tea also depends on the type of green tea powder you are using.



Makes 2 small canisters


Ingredients:

80g Butter
50g icing sugar
1 egg yolk (medium size)
120g corn flour
20g all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp green tea powder (preferable 1 tbsp)
45g dried cranberries, chopped



Directions:

1. Cream butter and sugar till light, creamy and pale in colour.
2. Add in egg yolk and mix well.
3. Add in flour and green tea powder through a sifter by batches. Combine well.
4. Add in dried cranberries and mix well.
5. Shape the cookies and line in baking tray. I found that it was quite hard for me to shape the cookies as the batter was too soft. I added flour after that but I think the batter can be kept in refrigerator for 15minutes to let it set.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 20minutes or till it turns a big golden brown.



Recipe adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *