Tuesday, October 28, 2014

[YummyEats] Chuup, Damansara Jaya

Chuup
Jalan SS 22/25, Damansara Jaya, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Open Mon - Sun (Except Tues), 11.30am to 10.30pm
03-7733 6673 | https://www.facebook.com/chuup.my


It's been a while since I last updated my blog. I was tired with the house renovations stuff and had a hard time choosing paint colours for the walls. I actually did some Cream Caramel Pudding dessert experiment last week and also Iced Green Tea Latte. First attempt was quite success and will share the recipe next time.


 Simple deco fills the space


Back to the topic. If I'm not mistaken, Chuup was opened in somewhere around beginning of the year. 


I went there with a friend a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday. No worries on parking problem because that area is not as packed as SS2 and Damansara Uptown. 


Chuup's menu actually did surprised me, especially the mains and pasta. I feel all the items on menu are fairly priced.


Cafe like this definitely do serve coffee and tea. They also serve Smooshie Juice for juice lovers, priced at RM7.90 if I'm not mistaken.

Cappuccino (RM8)
I'm OK with it! 
Rating: 3/5

The Cappuccino was OK for me but I don't like the foam as it was too thick. I still prefer coffee with latte are. It makes me happier when drinking it too. :)

Aglio Olio with Serai (RM11.90)
I'm love it! 
Rating: 4/5

This is the first time I tried Pasta with Serai (Lemongrass)! It was awesome and I wish for moreeee. If you love the taste of lemongrass, you will definitely love this pasta. They also have the option for chicken slices or pork slices but I go for the plain one. The portion was fair enough, unlike few other cafes that I visited before that serves super small portion of pasta that I can finish in 3 bites.

Grandma's Pork Chuup (RM18.90)
I love it! 
Rating: 4/5


Another recommended main dish to try when you visit Chuup. A unique flavour of pork chop, served with spinach. It gives me the feeling of home and comfort. The flavour of the sauce is not complicated, compare to the more common mushroom sauce and black pepper sauce. The meat was cooked perfectly as well. The spinach makes the meal more complete and adds a balance to it. 

Chuup Popiah (RM3.90)
I like it! 
Rating: 3.5/5

I'm not really a fan of popiah since I was young. Unless it is fried popiah. But I was too hungry and since it was listed first in the menu, I decided to try it. No regrets! The popiah taste different from what I had before. They added dried shrimp to enhance the flavour of the sweetness from the Chinese Turnip (Sengkuang).

My friend and I enjoy eating in Chuup and she actually visited again after few days later for the Aglio Olio with Serai and Grandma's Pork Chuup.  

Chuup is a tax free eating place. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *