Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Walnut Butter Cake


It was a long weekend because the Independence Day falls on Sunday and there's Monday as a replacement holiday in Malaysia. I was so excited to bake on Sunday and Monday! I've been wanting to bake Walnut Butter Cake. I bought 1KG of walnuts from Bake With Yen a couple of weeks ago. 


The recipe is inspired by Nasi Lemak Lover. In this recipe, I add more milk because I want it to be moist and not too dry. My mum prefer a moist cake as well. 





Makes a 6" round baking tin


Ingredients:

125gm salted butter, room temp
75gm castor sugar
110gm cake flour
1tbsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla essence 
2 eggs (original recipe is Large eggs, I used medium)
4tbsp milk
60gm walnut, blend in food processor till fine/powder like (I did this the night before)
25gm walnut, for topping

Directions:

1. Line baking sheet on the baking tin base. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar till fluffy and light. The color should look pale. Then, mix in vanilla essence.

3. Add in one egg at a time and mix well. 
4. Add in flour and walnut in few batches. In between, add in milk slowly and combine well. The batter shouldn't be too runny. 
5. Lastly, sprinkle the walnuts evenly on top.
5. Bake at pre heated oven at 180C for 40 minutes if you are using a normal oven. When a toothpick inserted, it should come out clean. 

Fresh from the oven! :)

Love the crunchy walnut :)




Thanks for reading! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *