Wednesday, February 18, 2015

[YummyBakes] Cranberry Walnut Mini Muffin


This is a super late post that I have to do it today before I post anything else later on my CNY bakings and cooking. 

My bf has been complaining that I made too much chocolate cakes! So this time it is chocolate free. I love anything with cranberries especially desserts. I bought dried cranberry from Bake With Yen at much cheaper price. 
This is the first time I'm baking something with dried cranberries in it. :) 


At first, I thought that this muffin is going to be buttery and very moist which I hope it won't be. I like the muffin to be averagely moist and not too soft. Luckily it turns out well and I'm going to stick with this recipe next time. I adapted the recipe from Christine's Recipe and double the recipe as I want to make more mini muffins. The original recipe makes 8 muffins.

Buttercup's butter

Ingredients needed 

Muffin cups lined on the tray

Makes about 12 to 14 mini muffins, depending on muffin cup size

Ingredients:

2 medium eggs
120gm castor sugar
200gm butter
240gm all-purpose flour
80gm corn starch
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
130ml fresh milk
100gm dried cranberry, preferably chopped
50gm walnuts, chopped
1 tsp orange zest

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, sift flour, corn starch and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar till creamy, light and pale in colour. (Original recipe uses hand mixer).
3. Add in eggs one at a time and combine well at each addition.
4. Fold in the flour mixture in few batches. In between add in milk little by little. Combine well.
5. Then, add in dried cranberry, walnuts and orange zest and mix evenly. 
6. Fill the muffin cup 3/4 full.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 25 to 30 minutes. Toothpick inserted in should come out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *