Monday, January 19, 2015

[YummyCooks] Stir Fry Potato Slices with Hot Pepper Paste


This dish came into my mind quickly when I was thinking what can I cook with ingredients I had in the fridge. I didn't refer to any recipes in the internet, so I created a real simple one myself. 


I have one tub on the Korean hot pepper paste but I seldom make use of it. I guess I have to find more recipes that needs the paste. What I can think of is Kimchi Fried Rice, Kimchi Soup and maybe Stir Fry Cabbage with hot pepper paste. 

Below will be the recipe for this dish:

3 to 4 servings

Ingredients:


1 medium US Russet potato, thinly sliced
Half carrot, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 tbsp hot pepper paste
1 small bowl of water (depends on your liking)
1 tsp soy sauce 

Directions:


1. Boil sliced potato for 4 minutes. Make sure it is not too soft. Set aside.
2. In a frying pan, heat up 2 tbsp of oil in low to medium heat. Then, fry garlic and onion for 1 minute. 
3. Add in carrot, potato and tomato and fry for a while before adding in water. Add in the hot pepper paste and stir well. 
4. Let it boil for 3 to 5 minutes. Add water if it dries up quickly. 
5. Lastly, add soy sauce to taste.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *