Sunday, April 26, 2015

[YummyBakes] Japanese Cotton Cheesecake



I shall share the recipe quick because the recipe leads to fluffy and creamy Japanese Cotton Cheesecake. Honestly, it is the first time I'm baking this cake. I halves the recipe from Christine's Recipe. Her recipe bakes for 2 baking pans. 



I can't deny that this cake is not simple to make. Ingredients is pretty basic. But what I fear the most is the shrinkage of the cake. I thought that the cake is gonna shrink a lot.

 I read from a blog saying that don't remove from oven immediately. Let the cake cool inside the oven with the oven door half closed. I'm not sure if this really helps, but my cake did not shrink a lot.



The recipe I'm sharing is perfect for a 7" round cake pan. Mine was 6" and I have extra batter that I have to put on my little heart shaped cake pan. 



For 7" round cake pan


Ingredients:

125ml milk (I used full cream milk)
125gm cream cheese, room temperature
30gm unsalted butter, room temperature
3 egg yolks
27gm cake flour
10gm corn flour or corn starch
Zest of half lemon
3 egg whites
60gm castor sugar


Directions:

1. Pour in milk to a large bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water, also called as double boil method. Add in cream cheese. Stir slowly till half of the cream cheese melt. 
2. Add in butter. Stir constantly till smooth and not lumpy. Remove from heat and let it cool for 5 minutes. 
3. Add in egg yolks and combine well. 
4. Sift in cake flour and corn flour and mix well. Then, add in lemon zest.
5. In another clean large bowl, whisk the egg whites with hand mixer till bubbles appear. Add in sugar by few batches. 
6. Beat the egg whites still stiff peak.
7. Add one third of the egg whites to the cream cheese batter and combine lightly. 
8. Add the remaining by few batches and fold in lightly. Remember, over mixing it will make the cake not fluffy!
9. Transfer the batter to lined baking pan. 
10. Fill up hot water in another bigger tray and put the baking pan on it. Baking this cake requires water bath method.
11. Bake for 40 minutes at 170C. Toothpick inserted in should comes out clean but not too moist. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *