Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fried Lotus Root with Sambal Belacan


Something new in my dinner recipe list. As usual, I went to Taman Megah morning market on Sunday to get vegetables. Bought the lotus root for RM8. Quite a big piece and I still have half of it after I cook this dish.

I think this is another way that you can cook lotus root if you prefer it to be spicy.


Sorry, it's a bit blur :(

For 4 to 5 Servings

Ingredients:

Lotus Root, sliced (amount depending on how much you wanna eat)
Dried shrimp, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp sambal belacan paste
2 tbsp oil
Spring onions, chopped (optional)

Directions:

1. In a frying pan or wok, heat up oil in medium high heat and fry garlic and dried shrimp. 
2. Add in lotus root and fry for 2 minutes. Add some water and sambal belacan. Stir well. Let it boil for another 4 to 5minutes. Gradually add water to avoid it from drying. 
3. Add a pinch of salt to taste. I also add in spring onions.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *