Wednesday, October 8, 2014

ABC Soup (with sweetcorn)


I boil this soup quite often because it is simple and taste good, suitable for kids as well. I think thats why it is called ABC Soup. I can simply just have this soup with white rice for dinner. 

To boil this soup, the main ingredients are chicken, potato, onion and carrot. For this post, I added in sweetcorn because I have it extra in the fridge. Tomatoes and onions can provide enough sweetness to the soup already.


For 5 servings

Ingredients: 

1 big red onion, sliced (it's a must!!)
1 tomato
1 carrot
1/2 corn (optional)
1 medium to large potato, cubed (I used US potato)
800gm chicken

800ml water
Salt
Light soy sauce

Directions:

1. In a medium pot, boil water at medium heat. Add corn and onions and carrot.
2. Then, add in chicken. Once it is boiling, turn to low to medium heat. After 15 minutes, add in potato and tomato.
3. Continue to boil for another 20 minutes. In between, add salt and light soy sauce.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *