Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Indofood Spicy Fried Rice

Back from Jakarta last Friday. Went there for work for the first time. Besides work, I also had an amazing foodie experience over there. Thanks to my fellow colleagues, I get to try many types of yummy food, from Japanese to Indonesia local food around the working place and the condominium we stayed in. 


Jakarta Foodie Experience

There's this called Nasi Goreng Gila or Crazy Fried Rice which I'm quite obsessed with. I'm not quite sure why is it called that way. But I guess it is because of the spiciness of the rice. I am a fan of spicy food and I super love the level of spiciness of the Nasi Goreng Gila.



Image above is the original Nasi Goreng Gila I had in Jakarta. It was topped with slices of beef meatballs if I'm not mistaken. I didn't ate that because I cannot eat beef. The rice itself is awesome. If you love spicy food, you gonna love this! 

I actually searched for the recipe and I found that many ingredients are needed and most of is consists of very traditional spices. So I came across the Indofood's spicy fried rice paste and I think it will be quite similar.



I'm not sure where I can get this in Malaysia. I tried searching in Tesco but its not available.

I experimented the paste for 2 servings and it was good! Below are my own ingredients added in for the fried rice. :)






For 2-3 servings


Ingredients: 

1 packet of Indofood Nasi Goreng Pedas paste
5 long beans, cut to 1 inch
2 crabmeat sticks, sliced,
1 sausage, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
A handful of ikan bilis
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 eggs
2 or 3 servings of overnight white rice


Directions:

1. In a bowl, crack an egg into the rice and mix evenly and set aside. You can omit this step and just fry the egg as normal.
2. In a wok or pan, heat up 2 tbsp of oil and fry the ikan bilis until it is crispy. Set aside in a small bowl.
3. Then, fry the remaining ingredients except the rice and paste. I scoop out in another bowl after it is done and then fry the rice. 
4. Add in the paste and combine well. Fry in medium heat for about 3 to 5 minutes before serving. Mix in all the cooked ingredients and stir well.

Tadaaaaa!!!



**No salt is needed as the paste is salty enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *