Saturday, December 20, 2014

[YummyEats] Two Pesos Restaurant (Mini Steamboat), SS2



Two Pesos Restaurant
No.7, Ground Floor, Jalan SS2/67 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Open Mon -  Sun, 12pm to 3pm, 6pm - 11pm

Two Pesos Restaurant, a mini steamboat concept restaurant is actually one of the famous hot pot places in Taiwan. It was opened in SS2 somewhere around August 2014. Each time I went, the queue was very long and end up I decided to eat at other places. Until last Friday, finally I waited for 30 minutes with bf.

While waiting for my turn

Ordering process was quite confusing to me. It took me few minutes to understand the menu. I actually have to choose which set that I want and select either pork, lamb or beef for the set, and also either rice, yee mee or rice vermicelli. FYI, you will need to proceed to the counter to write your name and order from the menu, and wait for your name to be called.



 Milky Seafood served in a pot

Milky Seafood (RM14)
Just OK! 
Rating: 3/5

So I ordered this Milky Seafood with lamb. Served in a nice pot. I wish to have such pot at home too. Was quite disappointed with the quantity of meat provided. I expect the soup to be more milky and flavourful. However, if you prefer something light, you can go for this or Two Pesos Stone (RM13.50) , another best seller of Two Pesos.



The soup is refillable. Very creative of them to put the soup in such bottle.

Mongolian Herbs (RM14)
Flavourful enough! 
Rating: 3.5/5

Bf ordered this. It was served in quite a unique pot with the vegetables and fishballs separated in another bowl. The bowl looks full, its actually because they stuffed lots of cabbage underneath. The taste was good, suitable for rainy day. 



The slices of meat served for each set was quite disappointing. Only 3 rolls of meat per plate. It would be better and happier if they serve at least 5. 

Personally, I would prefer to go for other steamboats like Coco Steamboat, 100C Steamboat and FatBoy Steamboat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *