Sunday, January 18, 2015

[YummyBakes] Hokkaido Chiffon Cake



I realized I didn't share any recipes of my baking for the past few weeks. And here is one after so long. They said making Hokkaido Chiffon Cake is not easy. I don't believe them until I tried it for myself. The first time I made was a failed ones. The texture turn out to be hard. Definitely not a chiffon cake texture. Even the colour was pale. The second time I made turns out quite successful I guess its suitable to note down the recipe already. Thanks to my mum for the recipe. 

Ingredients needed for a basic hokkaido chiffon cake

Polka dots square muffin cups from Bake With Yen

 Makes about 6 big muffins (depending on the muffin cup size)

Ingredients:


3 egg yolks
60gm milk
90gm all-purpose flour
40gm corn oil (I use melted butter instead)
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
30gm sugar
Strawberries for topping

3 egg whites
30gm sugar

Cream Filling
60ml whipping cream
1tsp instant custard powder
10gm sugar


Directions:

1. In a mixing bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar till pale in colour. Then, add oil and mix well.
2. Sift in flour in few batches. Add in vanilla essence. In between, mix in milk. Combine well and set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat egg whites using an electric hand mixer. Beat until foamy, and add in sugar little by little. Continue to beat the eggs until soft peak. (IF you are dare enough, turn the bowl upside down and make sure the meringue does not fall).
4. Take 1/3 of the meringue and stir lightly with the egg yolk batter. Then, continue to fold in the meringue lightly. DO NOT OVER STIR else your cake will turn hard. I realize there will be lumps of meringue still but I just make sure I don't over stir it.
5. Fill the batter in the muffin cups till 3/4 cup full. Bake in pre-heated oven for about 20-25 minutes and until the top turns golden brown.
6. For the filling, beat the whipping cream, sugar and custard powder using a electric hand mixer till soft peak. 
7. Transfer to a pastry bag and let it refrigerate. 
8. Make sure to leave the cakes completely cool down before you pipe in the custard cream filling.
9. Topped with slices of strawberries or cherries. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *