Saturday, January 3, 2015

[YummyEats] Afternoon Tea @ The Lobby Lounge, Ritz Carlton KL

The Lobby Lounge, Ritz Carlton
The Lobby Lounge, The Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur, 168 Jalan Imbi, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tea Time served Mon - Sat, 3pm - 5pm
I've been wanting to try having afternoon tea in few of the hotels in KL. Friend said that The Lobby Lounge have good selections of tea. A right place for us as she is a tea lover and recently I'm into tea as well. 

The waitress will push the tray of tea selections to customer's table and give a brief explanations on the tea available. You also can have a smell on all the teas before you chose. 


Wide selection of tea


 Fruit tea selections

 Green tea selections

 Black tea selections

Herb tea selections


Pretty tea cup prepared on the table

Beautiful classic tea pot

Irish Whiskey Cream

I had chosen Irish Whiskey Cream from the Black tea selections. I expected it have very strong whiskey smell in it but I was wrong. It has a very light texture, with sufficient aroma of whiskey and assam. A very unique flavour and aroma I shall say. Highly recommended!

Raspberry Royal

My friend chosed this sweet and refreshing tea, Raspberry Royal. She is a fan of fruit tea herself. I tasted it and it was one of my favourite as well. I love the sweet and exciting colour. Do expect slight sourish from the raspberry, but it blends perfectly.


Here comes the "four-tier" afternoon tea set. We have 5 persons on that day and so we actually ordered 3 individual sets and they combined it to one set with four tiers. 

As usual, the top tier will always be dessert. I read few bloggers saying that customers are allowed to choose 4 out of 12 types of desserts from the dessert trolley. But I'm not sure why we were not asked to choose. Anyway, what we had was Red Velvet Cupcakes, Macarons, and another two type of desserts (not sure what its called). Looks pretty but taste wise, can be better.


Bottom tiers are scones, tarts and some puffs. I can say that this is the best scones I ever had so far. Warm, soft and not too flaky. It tasted too good that I wish to have more of it! Spread with cream and jam and it taste like heaven.

Here we are :) 


Overall, I think everything was good including their service. Desserts need to be improved a lot. 

We paid RM66 per person for 3 sets of afternoon tea set and 4 pot of teas. Each individual set will be around RM75++. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *