Sunday, August 17, 2014

Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal

I am really obsessed with oats since a couple of months back. I started making overnight oats everyday for my breakfast. Personally, I prefer rolled oats compare to quick cooking oats because I like to feel the texture of the oats. Quick cooking oats is too fine for that. 




I tried to make this baked oatmeal on Saturday for my brunch since I don't really have time to go out for lunch. Easy, quick and healthy meal. This baked oatmeal is inspired from The Oatmeal Artist



For 1 - 2 servings


Ingredients:

1/3 cup rolled oats (I use Pristine rolled oats)
1 tbsp chia seed
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
2 bananas (1 mashed, 1 sliced for toppings)
90ml milk (I use Farmhouse Fresh Milk)
A handful of blueberries 
2 tsp brown sugar


Directions:

1. In a medium bowl, add in rolled oats, chia seed, baking powder and vanilla essence.
2. Then, add in mashed banana and milk. Stir well.
3. Pour the mixture into a ramekin. Top with sliced banana and blueberries. 
4. Sprinkle some brown sugar on top. 
5. Bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes. 





Worth the wait :)

Careful, its hot!! 

I think that baked oatmeal is a good replacement for chinese style porridge. :) If you want it to be a little bit salty, you can scoop some peanut butter and mix with it when you want to start serving. I tried that and it taste super delicious! Yummy! 

Thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *