Sunday, August 10, 2014

Homemade Mango Ice Cream

I have lots of mangoes at home last week and I don't know what to with it. After few days eating them, I decided to make some dessert using the mangoes.

While I was browsing some blogs, I found mango ice cream recipe. Ice cream is going to be awesome for such hot weather here. I adapted the recipe from tomatoblues.com and made some changes to the measurement.



Makes approx. 800ml

Ingredients:

2 medium fully ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed (approx. 2 cups after cubed)
130ml condensed milk
200ml milk
1/3 cup sugar (you might want to reduce if your mango is sweet)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Half lemon juice


Directions:

1. In a blender, add in mangoes, sugar and vanilla essence. Blend it till it turns to puree like.
2. Add in condensed milk and lemon juice. Continue to blend.
3. Add in milk and blend till smooth.
4. Pour the mixture to a container and put it into the freezer.
5. After 2 hours or until it turns slushy, remove the ice cream from the freezer and blend again. Continue to freeze it for another 3 to 4 hours or overnight.


After finishing my mango ice cream, I'm planning to other flavor of ice cream. Perhaps strawberry or green tea. ☺

Note: My ice cream turns out quite sweet because I didn't reduce the sugar. Next time I'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *